Frequently Asked Questions
What is microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent procedure created to mimic hair like strokes in the brows. Using a hand tool and a small blade, small cuts are made to resemble hair strokes and are then filled with pigment. Once healed, it will leave natural hair strokes in your brows to provide definition, fill in gaps, and give the illusion of overall fuller brows.
Will it hurt?
Everyones level of discomfort is different, I have clients who don't feel a thing while others are a little bit more uncomfortable. I use TWO topical lidocaine based numbing creams throughout the procedure to numb the brow area and minimize discomfort. Halfway through, I promise you will not feel a thing!
How long does it last?
This depends on many factors including: skin care, skin type, lifestyle, diet, and technique. The pigment used during the procedure is specifically formulated for semi-permanent cosmetics. Average time is 12-24 moths. *Please note that results CANNOT be guaranteed, neither I nor you can predict how your skin will take/break down the pigment.*
Factors that affect microblading:
- Oily skin: Those with oily skin may not retain as much pigment and may require more frequent touch ups. This is caused by the over production of oil in your skin. Will your brows still look great? Of course!
This is just a precaution.
- Dark skin: Those with darker skin tones will notice faster pigment fading and may require more frequent touch ups.
- Mature skin: Those with mature skin will notice faster pigment fading, and will require more frequent touch ups.
How often will I need to come in?
You will need to come in for an initial session, and a follow up session 4-8 weeks after your first session. After that, you must wait 6 months to come back for a touch up to allow your skin to heal completely. Some clients come in once a year for touch ups, others at 8 months. This will depend entirely on your desires/skin.
How do you choose the color?
I use high quality pigments that come with an extensive color identification chart for professional artists. I take into consideration your hair color, brow color, lash color, and skin tone. No, you will not end up with black eyebrows. I guarantee the color will be a perfect match, and as a client you have the final say for the color selection!
Will my brow tattoo turn different colors?
NO, the pigment used during the procedure is specially formulated for semi-permanent cosmetics and made to break down over time. These are iron-oxide based pigments, sterilized, made in US, and are safely used for eyebrow enhancement procedures.
Can I get microblading over an old tattoo?
Yes and no, this is entirely a case by case basis. If your tattoo is sufficiently faded, I can work over your existing work to color correct and create hair strokes. If your tattoo is not faded enough, removal is the best option and I can perform microblading 30 days after your removal procedure. You need to add "shading" to your procedure to be able to correct the color.
How do I prepare for my procedure?
There are a few things you can do to prepare for your appointment.
- Do not get a sunburn/tan on your face for 2 weeks prior. If you will be in the sun, wear sunscreen and protective hat gear to protect your eyebrows. If you come in with a sunburn, we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- Stop all retin-a products, skin peels, skin exfoliants 30 days prior
- Come in to your appointment with your brows fully grown out, I provide a complementary brow wax!
- Come in with no makeup, you can fill in your brows as you normally do so I can get an idea of how you like them.
What can I expect after my procedure?
I will provide extensive aftercare instructions after the procedure, however, these are a few things to keep in mind:
- No wetting your brows for at least 5 days, you must keep the brow area dry!
- No picking, scratching, or rubbing the brow area.
- You can apply a light oil (grape seed, jojoba, sweet almond, coconut oil) to hydrate the area after day 3.
- No direct sun for at least 30 days, if you plan on going in the sun you must wear sunscreen and a hat!
You CANNOT get microblading if:
- If you are pregnant or nursing
- Have diabetes, any skin disease or infections, or have trouble healing
- Are on blood thinners, you will need to contact your doctor and ask if you can stop medication 72hrs prior.
- Used Accutane within 6months
- Under 18 years old
Tattoo Removal by PhiRemoval
Is it possible to remove SPMU that is 10-20 years old?
Yes. It only takes more procedures.
It is possible to remove Red eyebrows colour?
Yes. After one procedure the eyebrow turn grey. Sometimes it is enough for the client.
How many procedures are needed to completely remove the pigment?
It depends on the case; ''FRESH'' SPMU or Microblading is very easy to remove, but old ones need more procedures.
Is it possible to remove pigment migration?
Yes, with PhiRemoval it is possible. It is a very gentle procedure for such cases, but more than one procedure is necessary.
Are there any scars after the procedure?
We do not have any scars in PhiRemoval history. This method is very safe and the people who do it are trained and certified.
What we can remove by PhiRemoval?
- removal of single strokes, unwanted dots, details
- removing a small part of the eyebrows
- complete eyebrows removal
- lips-contour and uneven shape removal
- eyes-removing bad shapes
- the most difficult cases migrations removal
- tissue heals quickly
- mild discomfort
- no scaring
- the quantity of removed pigment immediately & easily visible
- it ‘cleans’ the lips like no other product on the market
- there is no long term post procedural redness or skin damage.